Perusing Google analytics of MSY newsletters is not generally my go-to Friday night reading, but it can be fascinating!
I just read the list of people who opened the “Keep Calm-Do Yoga! newsletter and was overcome with a wave of sweet nostalgia as I read name after name of both current and former students and friends of the studio. I saw your faces and heard your voices, remembering practicing together over the years.
I am so appreciative that you take the time to show your interest in the studio by opening our newsletters, and to so many of you who have already participated in the t-shirt fundraiser. MSY is truly a wide-ranging community and you are a vital part of it! Thank you for all your love and support.
Be Safe at the Studio
“I feel completely safe at the studio because I know you follow all the guidelines for masks, social distancing, and cleaning. The studio simple sparkles and is my safe haven!” -MSY student
Thanks to all of you who have willingly complied with the Maryland guidelines followed at the studio to keep it safe for everyone who chooses to come there for their yoga practice!
Last week Governor Hogan and Frederick County Health Department reiterated the importance of mask wearing and keeping social distance in indoor locations, and decreased the occupancy rate for various venues including fitness centers (where yoga studios fall in the guidelines). They also gave travel restrictions and warnings which may affect some of our students, especially as we enter the holiday season.
MSY is currently operating within those updated guidelines. So that we can continue to offer the safest environment possible, please remember to:
- wear your mask into the studio, throughout the entire practice, and back to your car
- sanitize or wash your hands when you enter the studio and before you leave
- keep social distance
- enter the studio one at a time, waiting 6′ behind the person in front of you
- wait your turn to place belongings on the coat/ shoe racks before and after class
- only move around the studio to get or clean props and to use the restroom
- travel restrictions – If you travel to a state where the positivity rate is over 10%, please get tested when you return and self-quarantine until you get the results (follows Maryland and CDC guidelines). We’ll welcome you back to the studio once it is safe for you to join us!