Your in-studio experience has changed
MSY will strictly follow all restrictions and guidelines set by the state of Maryland:
- Complete a self health questionnaire (verbal) in order to enter the studio;
- Maintain 6′ distance between mats and other students;
- Socially distance as you move through the studio;
- Wear masks when entering, exiting, and within the studio (optional on your mat);
- Wash hands or use hand sanitizer when entering and exiting the studio;
- Clean everything used or touched after each class (students may be asked to clean their own props or any studio props used – like usual; teachers will disinfect all studio props used).
These measures will help ensure the safety of our yoga community, plus those at home. They change other factors as well for the time being:
- Classes will be 60 minutes long in order to limit exposure time and allow teachers to clean thoroughly after each class;
- You must bring your own mat, water bottle (filled), and other props you like to use (beach towel instead of a blanket, peanut or tennis balls, straps);
- All personal props must be thoroughly cleaned before bringing them into the studio;
- Unfortunately, students cannot use studio blankets, belts, peanuts, or eye pillows at this time. We can offer blocks and elastic bands, as they are easy to disinfect. MSY has limited amounts of mats, mat bags, blocks, peanuts and therapy balls for sale.
Watch this video about how to enter the studio under these new guidelines.
Check our Policies and Procedures page for updates.